Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eyes- Heart Sonnet 46 by Shakespeare


caption: found this pic somewhat like what i wish i couldve done as an art project for the following poem but it's all beautiful nonetheless
Sonnet 46 (Eye – Heart Poem)
Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war
How to divide the conquest of thy sight;
Mine eye my heart thy picture's sight would bar,
My heart mine eye the freedom of that right.

My heart doth plead that thou in him dost lie--
A closet never pierced with crystal eyes--
But the defendant doth that plea deny
And says in him thy fair appearance lies.

To 'cide this title is impanneled
A quest of thoughts, all tenants to the heart,
And by their verdict is determined
The clear eye's moiety and the dear heart's part:

As thus; mine eye's due is thy outward part,
And my heart's right thy inward love of heart.


My Translation or what it means to me and i dont care if it isn't technically correct
My eyes and heart are in a deadly battle
On how to separate the capture of your image
My eyes would prevent my heart from looking at your picture
While my heart would challenge my eyes from seeing straight
My heart pleads that you are in my heart
Therein lies a private place never seen by transparent eyes
But the cautious eyes will not easily admit it
And the eyes say where beauty lies for him
He then decides he enlists in
I have a jury of thoughts in my heart
And they have decided
That the eyes judgment and the heart share in one:
Sharp eyes share and hears closely share a view of the image
At this your outward part is given to my eyes
And your inner hear, the love, you gave to my heart.

This was part of my english assignment that i mostly procrastinated but i really do love this poem. (maybe i should try to memorize it...) I chose this poem because it shows my frustration with love the best. I get so confused that i refuse to believe either my heart or eyes it certainly does feel like a battle. and i wish my fellow peers would understand this poem the same way i do but then that's just me being bitter and a bit angry realizing it's almost valentines and i'm still single (can't stand the valentines movie coming out ugh yet i'm curious). To me the poem says how hard it is decide ones feeling and to determine if it really is love. Thus far i've been fighting with love alot we just dont get along and my heart and eyes would agree with me when i say we are weary of it all.
P.s. update oufit post for sure tomorrow let's hope the pic comes out well and i'm still deciding what to wear but def my new nice black jacket the perfect length for me

i literally live right by this and damn if we actually get a tornado yes this was taken yesterday and actually happened as much as i love rain i dont want a tornado ... let it rain all night bring in new

i know this is a pretty long post but what evs i freakin <3 their new album i can be so azn sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment